Our White Cheddar popcorn is combined with a rich salted caramel for a special treat.
- 1/2 bag (6 cups) Wise® White Cheddar Popcorn
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 2 tbsp salted butter, cubed
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- Place popcorn in greased bowl; set aside. Grease 9-inch square baking dish.
- In a heavy-bottom saucepan, combine sugar, corn syrup and 2 tbsp water; bring to boil over medium heat, stirring, until sugar is dissolved. Stop stirring; boil for 6 to 8 minutes or until sugar mixture is amber in color.
- Wearing oven mitts, carefully stir in cream, butter and vanilla; return to boil. Boil for 6 to 7 minutes or until mixture reaches 248°F on candy thermometer or firm ball stage, when 1 tsp hot syrup dropped into cold water forms firm ball.
- Immediately drizzle syrup over popcorn; toss gently to distribute caramel evenly. Immediately pour into greased baking dish; using greased spatula, press gently to level. Let cool completely. Cut into 12 bars.