What could be better? The secret ingredient is potato chips, and the result is a sweet, salty and crunchy cookie. Use a sturdy potato chip like Ridgies or Kettle for best results. Perfect for the holidays.
- 2-1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 sticks of unsalted butter, softened
- 6 oz. milk chocolate chips
- 6 oz. butterscotch chips
- 2 cups of Wise All Natural Ridgies, crushed
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a cookie sheet with cooking spray, or line with parchment paper. In a medium bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside. In a large bowl, with an electric mixer, beat the butter, brown sugar, white sugar and vanilla until smooth. Add the eggs.
- With the mixer on low speed, slowly add in the flour mixture, mixing until just combined.
- Gently, by hand, stir in the chocolate and butterscotch chips, and then the crushed potato chips, until just combined. Do not over mix.
- Using a tablespoon, drop the cookie dough onto the cookie sheet. Cookies may be made larger by using more dough, if desired.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand for a few minutes before moving them to cool on a rack. Makes approximately 15 large or 30 small cookies.