Sweet and savory, we use frozen puff pastry as a starting point for these great tasting appetizers, and then add crushed Cheez Doodles, brown sugar and toasted pecans.
- 1/2 pkg (14oz/397g) frozen puff pastry, thawed but cold
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- 2 tbsp packed brown suger
- 1 cup Wise® Puffed Cheez Doodles, crushed
- 1/4 cup finely chopped toasted pecans
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- On lightly floured surface, roll out pastry sheet into 10-inch square; brush with melted butter. Sprinkle with brown sugar, crushed cheese doodles, pecans and cayenne.
- Starting at one side, roll up tightly, jelly-roll style. Using serrated knife, cut into 1/4-inch thick slices. Arrange on parchment paper-lined baking sheets.
- Bake in 375° F oven for 17 to 20 minutes or until golden and cooked through in center. Let cool on baking pans for 5 minutes. Transfer to wire racks and let cool completely.