Cream Cheese and Cheddar
Wonton wrappers stuffed with a rich mixture of cream cheese, cheddar cheese and green onion, and then fried to a golden brown. Makes: 24 wontons
- 1/2 cup cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup grated Cheddar cheese
- 1 green onion, finely minced
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup crushed Wise® White Cheddar Puffed Cheez Doodles
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 48 wonton wrappers (3-inch squares)
- Vegetable oil for frying
- 1 tsp toasted sesame seeds
- 1 green onion, sliced
- Soy-Wasabi Dipping Sauce: Whisk soy sauce with wasabi until combined.
- Mix together cream cheese, Cheddar cheese, green onion, pepper and crushed Cheez Doodles. Whisk egg with 1 tsp water.
- Brush edges of one wonton wrapper with egg wash. Place about 2 tsp cream cheese mixture in center; bring four corners of wrapper to center. Pinch each adjacent side to seal; pinch in center. Repeat with remaining wrappers and filling.
- Heat enough oil to come 3/4 inch up side of large skillet to 350°F; deep-fry wontons in batches (4 or 5 at a time), turning halfway through cooking time, for 1 to 2 minutes or until golden brown. Place on paper towel to absorb any oil. Garnish with sesame seeds and green onion. Serve with Soy-Wasabi Dipping Sauce.