Homemade ice cream sandwiches with a twist. Adding Wise® Golden Original potato chips to our favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe gives them a unique sweet and salty crunch. Add your favorite ice cream, and it’s a winner.
- 13/4 cup of butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup of dark brown sugar
- 1 cup of white sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp. maple syrup
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 2 cups of Wise® Golden Original potato chips, crushed
- 2 cups of dark or milk chocolate chips
- Ice cream of your choice, slightly softened
- Mini chocolate chips for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper, if desired. Combine butter or margarine, brown sugar, and white sugar with an electric mixer until fluffy.
- Add eggs and maple syrup, and beat at medium speed until combined. Reduce speed to low and add in flour, salt and baking soda. Stir in chocolate chips and crushed potato chips by hand.
- Form dough into tablespoon-sized balls and place on cookie sheet, about 3″ apart. Bake for 10-14 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Let cool on cookie sheet. On flat surface, place 1 cookie. Spoon ice cream over cookie, cover with a second cookie. Roll ends of ice cream sandwich in mini chocolate chips, if desired. Serve immediately, or wrap ice cream sandwiches individually in plastic wrap and freeze. Remove from freezer and thaw at room temperature for 5 minutes.