A sweet and salty dessert that uses Wise® Pretzel Thins or Sticks and will be a hit at every occasion.
- 1 cup butter or margarine
3/4 cup sugar
- 3 cups Wise Pretzel Thins or Sticks
- 1 (8 oz) package cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups (1 pt) whipping cream, whipped
- 1 (21 oz) can cherry pie filling
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter. Stir in sugar; remove from heat and add crushed pretzels. Reserving 3/4 cup for topping, press crushed pretzel mixture on bottom of 13×9 inch baking dish.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, confectioners’ sugar and vanilla until fluffy. Fold in whipped cream.
- Spread half the mixture on to crust and top with pie filling.
- Spread remaining cheese mixture and top with reserved pretzel mixture.
- Chill 3-4 hours or until set.