Take a familiar family-favorite and top it with Barbecue Kettle Cooked Potato Chips for a savory dish no one can turn down!
- 1 pound skinless, boneless, chicken breast halves
- 2 teaspoons dried Italian seasoning, crushed
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 ounces dried pasta of choice
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 3 cups milk
- 8 ounces smoked cheddar, Gruyere, or Swiss cheese, shredded (2 cups)
- 2 cups Wise® Barbecue Kettle Cooked Potato Chips, crushed
- 2 ounces finely shredded Parmesan or Romano cheese (1/2 cup)
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degree F. Cut chicken into bite-sized pieces. In a large skillet cook chicken, seasoned with Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper in hot oil over medium heat until chicken is no longer pink. Remove chicken from skillet and set aside.
- Cook pasta in a large pot according to package directions until just tender. Drain; return pasta to pot.
- Meanwhile, in the same skillet in which chicken was cooked, cook onion and garlic in 3 tablespoons hot butter over medium heat until tender. Stir in flour until well combined. Stir in tomato paste. Add milk. Cook and stir until mixture is thickened and bubbly; reduce heat. Add the shredded cheese. Stir until cheese is almost melted. Remove from heat. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Add sauce and chicken to cooked pasta in pot; stir to coat. Spoon mixture into a 2-quart baking dish.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a small bowl stir together crushed Tomato Basil Chips, Parmesan cheese, and 3 tablespoons melted butter. Sprinkle mixture over pasta. Bake, uncovered, for 20 to 25 minutes or until top is golden and edges are bubbly. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.