This recipe, using Puffed Cheez Doodles® and macaroni and cheese, is a twist on a familiar favorite.
- 14 oz boxed macaroni and cheese
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup Puffed Cheez Doodles®, crushed
- The night before, make boxed mac and cheese according to directions on box. Pour into a 9 x 9 casserole and refrigerate overnight.
- Place 3 small bowls on the counter and fill the first one with the flour and spices, the second with the egg, and the third with the crushed Puffed Cheez Doodles®.
- Cut the mac and cheese into 1 x 1 inch blocks. Drudge the cubes into flour mixture, then egg, then cheese mixture. Place on a baking sheet. Continue until all cubes are prepared.
- Bake at 350 for 20 – 30 minutes, flipping the balls every 10 minutes.