This delicious side dish is a great way to serve up an old favorite using Wise Puffed Cheez Doodles.
- 6 (1/2 inch) slices of eggplant
- 1 cup finely crushed Wise Puffed Cheez Doodles
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 (16oz) can stewed tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon sugar
1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- Preheat oven to 350°. Coat both sides of the eggplant slices with crushed Cheez Doodles. In a large skillet, cook eggplant in butter until lightly browned on both sides. Remove and drain on paper towels. In the same skillet, stir together tomatoes, cornstarch and seasonings; cook and stir until thickened.
- Pour tomatoes into 8-inch square baking dish; top with eggplant. Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until heated through.