Sweet and salty like you’ve never tasted before! Live on the wild side with these scrumptious and addictive caramel coated Cheez Doodles. Can be made with Puffed, Crunchy or Cheez Balls.
- 1 large bag of Crunchy Cheez Doodles, Puffed Cheez Doodles or Cheez Balls
- 1 cup of butter or margarine
- 2 cups of packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup corn syrup (such as Karo)
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees. Lightly spray large baking sheet with sides or large roasting or baking pan with cooking spray. Spread Cheez Doodles out evenly in pan.
- To make caramel, melt butter with brown sugar and corn syrup in medium sauce pan over high heat, stirring constantly until bubbly. Lower heat to medium-high and continue cooking and stirring for an additional 2 minutes. Remove from heat, add baking soda and vanilla, mixing well. Pour over Cheez Doodles and toss to coat evenly.
- Bake for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes. Remove to cool on wax or parchment paper.
- Can be made ahead and stored in plastic bags or containers. Enjoy!