It's an unpopular opinion, liking snow after the holidays.
People look at you like you're crazy. Nine days into a severe cold
snap (#polarvortex), with 13-plus inches on the ground and you
might want to keep your opinions to yourself. But we're going to go
out on a frozen limb with the reasons we think more of the white
stuff is actually good for us:
- When else are you going to clean your closet, paint your
bathroom and write thank you notes?
- Is there anything better than curling up with a blanket, a
snack and a favorite movie when there's nowhere else to be?
- Shoveling qualifies as cardio.
- The Super Bowl will be the first 'outdoor,
cold weather Super Bowl,' but chances are you'll be home on the
couch (or someone else's couch) and no one gets frostbite.
- Have you spent time on Houzz.com? Endless
ideas on how to turn your house into a home…with style. Your style.
Now you've got time to gather photo inspiration for every project
on your list.
- Did we mention the Super Bowl? Hit up our Wise
recipes, Pinterest, AllRecipes.com or your favorite
food blog for delicious apps, drinks, desserts and more.
- You can wear things like this and these and these.
- Remember reading? It's been a while for us, too. Catch up with
some of the best from 2013 or
the newest titles.
- Your kids ditch the computer games and handhelds long enough to
learn the mechanics and joy of snow fort building and walking in
snow pants. They use their imagination and excess energy. You have
peace and quiet. Everyone wins.
- Snow angels.
You're never too old. And looking up into the winter sky as
everything goes silent around you…well, that never gets old