A Greener Wise Foods, Inc.
Wise Foods has a constantly expanding "Green Program" at our
manufacturing facility in Berwick, PA. Some of our current
environmentally-friendly initiatives include:
- All of our obsolete packaging is recycled into park
- Fresh water is recycled for other plant uses and eventually
recycled for return to the city.
- More than 80% of the cartons we use to transport our product
are reused 3 to 4 times.
- Through an alliance with our distributor partners, we recycle
1,500 tons of corrugated material (cardboard) annually.
- All shipping pallets used in our warehouse and on our delivery
trucks are continually repaired for re-use, and eventually
re-cycled at the end of their useful life.
- All edible manufacturing scrap, including vegetable oil which
does not meet our quality standards, is recycled into animal feed
- Energy is controlled and conserved through regular testing and
audits. Wise is an active member of a "Demand Response" program
managed by EnerNOC.
- Employees at our manufacturing facility collect aluminum cans
and donate the recycling proceeds to a local Cancer
In addition to our current Green initiatives, Wise is
continually looking for new ways to reduce waste and conserve
energy. If you have any great ideas regarding how we can become an
even greener organization, we'd love to hear from you. Please contact us
to submit your Green Ideas.